One-pan roasted vegetables and chicken is a delicious and easy recipe that can be whipped up in no time. This dish is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any vegetables that you have on hand, making it a versatile and budget-friendly meal.
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato, bell peppers, and red onion with olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables out in a single layer on a baking sheet or large cast-iron skillet.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper, and then place them on top of the vegetables, skin-side up.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Serve the roasted chicken and vegetables hot, garnished with fresh herbs if desired.
- If you don’t have chicken thighs, you can use chicken breasts or even drumsticks instead. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Feel free to swap out the vegetables in this recipe with whatever you have on hand. Zucchini, mushrooms, and broccoli all work well.
- For extra flavor, you can add a squeeze of lemon juice or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top of the roasted vegetables and chicken before serving.
This one-pan roasted vegetables and chicken recipe is a healthy and delicious meal that is sure to please the whole family. It’s easy to prepare, quick to cook, and can be customized to suit your tastes and preferences. Give it a try tonight and see how easy and tasty it can be to make a homemade meal.